Any Tektronix 492 Owners out there?

Hi,

I've restored a 492 back to life after re-building the power supply. The analyser seems to work except I'm not sure about the Time/Div control. When I set time/Div to Auto, the unit seems to work fine with the sweep rate changing as I adjust Bandwidth Resolution. If I set Time/Div manually the display looks normal except there is an exact replica of the wanted signal to the left of the display as I adjust the centre frequency these two signals merge then cancel out. Is this normal behaviour?

I have service manuals Vol 1 & 2 , was there also a separate instruction manual for this instrument.

Any advice or personal experience with these instruments would be welcomed.

Many thanks,

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler

Mine does not do seem to do this. Display looks plausible at all sweep speeds. I leave auto resolution on when switching the time base manually.

T> Hi,

Reply to
canthony15

Hi Tony,

Many thanks for your reply, looks like I've got some fault-finding to do.

thanks,

Philip

Reply to
Electric dabbler