AC current calibrator recommendations

Hi,

I'm looking for an AC (sine wave) current calibrator with a 0-5 A output. Could anyone recommend one under $300 (second hand equipment is fine)?

Thanks,

Flavio

Reply to
Flavio Ribeiro

You could make your own for $25 or less.. The first trick is to make an air coil of 100 turns to drive with

0-50mA; if the equipment to be calibrated will allow a fari-sized volume, the make it 1000 turns for 0-5mA. If 3% distortion is acceptable, a phase retard oscillator produces a pseudo-sine with the amplitude as accurate as the supply used. Otherwise, use a Wien Bridge oscillator.
Reply to
Robert Baer

The Clarke-hess 'Voltage-Current calibrator model 828' will do what you want. Also marketed by 'RFL' in Boonton N.J as 'AC/DC V-A Source' using the same model number. I picked up a used one (in UK) last week for the equiv' of $40. Lovely stuff!.

Reply to
John Jardine