Subject Author Posted Replies

Off-the-shelf embedded 'counter' datalogger
Can anyone recommend some ready to buy boards that are close to having these requirements: -Count 8 digital inputs (at upto 8KHz) -Periodically store counts to memory and reset the counts (say every 5...
2
2

Booting from a different location
I am running Linux 2.6.26 on a PPC. I want to boot linux without using a bootloader to speed up the boot process but, due to the size of the kernel, I cannot put it at the reset vector. I was told...
8
8

AVL tree without malloc in C
cally f , you Now, I have included also. I am using a Network Processor and find that it consumes some time for malloc based operations. So, i am concerned that if i go in for Trees like AVL, it might...
6
6

Motor Operation Detection?
I am looking for methods of determining when a automobile-size engine is operational or not. So far I have two solutions: 1) Temperature. Hot=on. Cool-off. 2) Magnetic pickup. Are there any other...
14
14

Binary tree
ing a ust How much percentage is this faster than malloc ? (I have other related groups also in loop) Thx in advans, Karthik Balaguru
3
3

How to keep CPU's on-chip RAM's content with a small battery
This question is relevant to most microprocessors with on-chip RAM. I have a circuit board with a NEC 78C10 single-chip microcomputer (roughly 20 year old!). Data sheet is online at It run with an...
1
1

5Vdc from 48Vdc - Options?
What's are the options for obtaining a +5Vdc supply for a microcontroller, from a +48Vdc battery? The circuit supplied will draw from between about 50mA to maybe 500mA.
65
65

National Semi lays off Bob Pease
They are either broke or desperate beyond measure... http://electronicdesign.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=20847
4
4

ekg using ti app slaa280a
has anyone tried TI application slaa280a? (heart rate/ekg). I had a vendor build this board from the spec. - but i can not get the app to display the heart rate or display the ekg wave form. I'm new...

MATLAB/Simulink + RTW and generating code for a microcontroller
Hi all, I seem to be stuck with what seemed a very simple task. I want to convert a Simulink model with one input and one output to a C program that I could run on a microcontroller (any...
4
4

After devision, cpu can't run normal code
I am using YAGARTO Tool to compile code for AT91SAM7X512 CPU. In which it provides ECLIPSE as editor and GCC Version 4.2.1 as compiler. When i compile my project it code space around 256776 Bytes and...
3
3

GCC for Infineon TriCore
A GCC build for the Infineon TriCore (TC17xx parts) has been posted at: 's an installer for Windows, & source for Linux photography

Help for initializing a BW Graphic LCD module
Hi all! I've an AVR ATmega168 connected to a G1212x02 from CCT : embeds a NT7506 controller from Novatek. This chip needs alot of params: step-up voltage, resistors and so on. The LCD module datasheet...
2
2

Automated Testing for Embedded System
Hi, I'm working on a series of intelligent printers. These have reasonably complex applications in them, written in an antiquated version of BASIC i.e. no local variables, no parameters or return...
1
1

USB AVR JTAG Programmer without the studio needed
Does the CAE know of a dongle+stand alone windows app that I can give my customer to flash AVR via JTAG? I don't want them to have to load the studio. Just a small app Thanks Chris
1
1