Subject Author Posted Replies

Avr Projects Equipment
Hello to everybody.I am completely newbie in the avr area and i would like to know what equipment(hardware and software tools) i am gonna need. Is there any resources to build my own avr programming...
5
5

Re: Large storage options for embedded systems
CF 'generally' does sector remapping so that even if you write one sector again and again you will evenly wear the whole flash. You can also get 1gb (and I think 2gb CF now). Why would be constantly...
4
4

Cypress vs Microchip regarding development tools
I had just about reached the decision to use a Cypress enCoRe for my embedded project... over Microchip's PIC16C745 when I came to evaluate the available development tools. Cypress offers the...
1
1

eabi initialization for powerpc embedded application
Hi, I'm cross compiling an embedded image to run on the IBM 4xx processors using the gnu toolchain. Linker options are as follows: make -f my_makefile CODE=0x007e0000 IMG_END=0x007fffff...

Development in Motorola Processor
Hi All, My new development is based on Motorola HC08 based processors. I am moving from Hitachi processors to Motorola. I am facing very difficulty in understanding development in Motorola when...
3
3

Re: infra-red keyboard / mouse protocols
anyone I have an NTL keyboard and sending emails with this is still a PITA. It's not the keyboard/handset that is the problem, it is the appalling software in the STB and the back end servers. The...
5
5

Problems with index entries
Hello all, It's my first time in this newsgroup. I have some questions about the use of index in MIKTEX. I am using the following documentclass: documentclass[a4paper,11pt,dvipdfm]{book} 1) I have...
3
3

[PIC] Chip Speeds?
Hi, Why is it that lots of electronics retailers sell 4mhz pic micros? They often call then names like.. PIC16F877 04/P But Microchip list all parts as being 20mhz and dont even bother including that...
4
4

looking for I2C/TWI code (imagecraft compiler)
I'm looking for example code that uses the I2C/TWi interface on an AVR atmega8. Specially for the Imagecraft c compiler ! I already have code that use the (old) bit-bang method but I now want to...

3D chip to go with an ARM-based MCU? (PCI + LCD + SDRAM)
For something that carries an ARM720 or ARM920 core, I think a Geforce2Go or the ATI equivalent would be overkill. The ARM720 core is intended to be run at about 50MHz and will use 32MB SDRAM chips....
2
2

Branch delay slot on MIPS32 processors
MIPS32 processors have "delayed" loads and branches. The MIPS32 manual says that the instruction immediately following a branch is always executed, regardless of whether the branch is taken or not....
14
14

Allowing Multiple AVR Microcontrollers to Share SRAM
I'm a hobbyhist -- and relatively new to microcontrollers -- and I'd like to set up two or more AVR microcontrollers (90S8515s, if it matters) such that they can both read and write to some shared...
19
19

AVR-timer1-simple
I am not able to understand why on the AVR3.55 simulator below mentioned code gives app. 50sec ticks instead of 1sec #define CLK 4000000 outp(5,TCCR1B);//prescale CK to CK/1024 outw(63000,TCNT1);//I...
5
5

embedded system
hi all i want to know about the embedded system.. what is embedded system..what are the uses of it.what type of languages uses in it .what are the scope in its .. thanx for ur support dinesh
3
3

Difference 12c674 12ce674
Hi NG, does anyone know whats the difference between these two PIC processors. I can't find any info about the 12c674 on Microchip's website, but i have both of these.... There must be a difference in...
6
6