Zynq devices, boards and suppliers

It took about a week to get two, several weeks ago. They can probably find some for good customers. We buy a lot of stuff from them, and it was "get us a couple and we'll design them in."

The good part is that the design, including Gerbers, is fully public, so we (or someone) can build them if we have to. It will save us a ton of time, as compared to doing all that pcb-layout/flash/dram/ethernet/power supply/software stuff ourselves.

I hope they are serious about it. They have sure invested a lot so far.

The carrier/demo board is apparently not real yet. We'll have our own application board first, with spare room, so we'll add in some development hooks for future projects. Suggestions are welcome....

Mictor connector for a logic analyzer Pots for the ADC inputs A few SMB connectors for scope trigger/signal snooping Shunts to measure Vcc and bank currents Easy ways to vary iobank voltages Dip switches and LEDs Temperature sensor IC Clock oscillators

 Click to see the full signature

That big wire on the back of the board in your photo is interesting. Although red in color, it looks like what's traditionally called a "blue wire", i.e. maybe they're out of stock right now because the board is in the process of being revved.

Reply to
Paul Rubin

I'd like to make a couple of comments based on my experience, in the hope they might be helpful to other netizens.

In the end I purchased an Avnet MicroZed and JTAG cable in January. The ordering process was smooth but the delivery wasn't. An email confirmed the stated 3 week delay for the MicroZed, and that the JTAG cable /was/ in stock. However, the next day the website showed an 18(!) delay until May. I quickly cancelled the now out of stock JTAG cable, and the MicroZed turned up in March, after maybe 8 weeks.

That is unacceptable and makes me unlikely to choose to use Avnet as a distributor.

More positively, the MicroZed documentation and support have been exemplary; the potential concerns I raised in the note below haven't been bourne out. Indeed Avnet have expanded their range and appear to be making concerted efforts to make a business in this area.

So far I have /no/ concerns about having chosen to use a MicroZed, although nowadays I would probably choose to use the MicroZed SBC board variant.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Hi

You can have a look at MYIR's Z-turn Board which is Xilinx Zynq-based Singl e board computer pricing start at only US$99.

? 2013?10?16???? UT C+8??7:28:44?Tom Gardner???

Reply to
Mei Zhang