www.avrfreaks.net

Is it just me or has someone hacked/screwed up their web forums, they are currently re-directing you to another site.

Phill.

Reply to
Prime

Yes, there is a problem. The home page seems OK but I get diverted when I try to access the forums.

Leon

Reply to
Leon Heller

"Leon Heller" wrote in news:41c5c7a5$0$16576$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.dial.pipex.com:

Good to know it's not just me then, wish they had contact details or I'd email one of the maintainers (if they are not already aware !).

Phill.

Reply to
Prime

A quick solution until the issue has been fixed, is to disable "meta refresh" in your browser. In IE6 it is found here: Tools - Internet Options - Security - Custom Level - Miscellaneous - Allow META REFRESH. Then disable it.

I'd guess other browsers have a similar setting somewhere.

--
Mikael Ejberg Pedersen
Reply to

It's a hack alright. It sends you to hacker pages and tries to install something. It diabled my AVG virus detection.

Reply to
kenlem

snipped-for-privacy@maine.rr.com wrote in news:1103499339.791298.54850 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com:

I take it you are using Internet explorer ? May be best to do a scan then even though I use Mozilla.

Phill.

Reply to
Prime

I went there with Mozilla Firefox, without any problems I could see. It is either fixed or it only stuffs up IE ?

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

Nope Still the same, and I always use Firefox, so its not an IE problem, I scanned all my PC's and Adwared them to be sure after reading about the AVG disable, but nothing, so... Now getting AVRfreaks forum withdrawal :)

Bryan

Software Engineer - Embedded Results Ltd,

BryanW

Erasmus

AVG

They are now aware of the problem.