WTB: Heathkit ID-4801 EPROM Programmer

C.

What's with this personal hardon for me? Am I really _that_ important to you?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Yes, that's what I was talking about in the first place. Geez, doesn't anybody pay any attention any more?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

in C.

You overestimate your value to anyone, including me. I don't care if you drop dead.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

the

in C.

For someone who doesn't care, you certainly do put a lot of energy into trying to insult me.

Oh, well. Hatred has no effect on the hated one, but eats up the one doing the hating.

Good Luck! RIch

Reply to
Rich Grise

the

and in C.

strip)

Then drop it, for your own good.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

C.

I know that's what you meant - maybe I wasn't clear. Some memory bank switching is evil, but some is just incompetent.

As for Michael A. Terrell's comments - well, I guess you've come across him often enough in the sci.electronics groups and know how seriously to treat him.

It's always the risk when someone cross-posts to c.a.e. and s.e.b (or s.e.d - don't know much about a.f.c), as they have such a very different atmosphere and community.

Reply to
David Brown

linux single user mode is just an administrative convenience. so probably not.

dos maybe, if the DRAM refresh, clock interrupt, etc... don't cause problems.

--
??pun u?op ?o?? s?u??????
Reply to

in C.

Some people have no sense of humor. :(

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

If you really want to impress us (a.f.c), the first one who can zero all of memory will win.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

the

in C.

You can always interleave memory.

/BAH

Reply to
jmfbahciv

Play whatever lame games you want. I've seen enough of your boring crap in other threads crossposted to the electronics newsgroups.

I tested & repaired MC68340 based embedded controllers for four years down to component level. We also used several early 8 bit processors in our legacy products that I wrote ECOs on to improve performance & reliability. You don't impress me. In fact, you belong in Wayne Green's 'Old Programmer's Home'.

I've tracked down and replaced my share of bad RAM over the last 25 years. I wrote test software to test & troubleshoot those boards, as well as other products built in house. You brag about programming old iron that was scrapped long ago.

To me, AFC is Antennas For Communications, which one of our subsidiaries in the microwave communications business.

Let's see you write a one line memory test for a Commodre 64. Or a one line program to simulate a failed memory management controller in one.

If you are such a damn fine example of a programmer, you should be an expert at kill filters to drop all crossposts.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Your obnoxious remarks are intended as humor? Wow.

Joe Pfeiffer

DRAM refresh is only an issue on a 8086,8088, 80186 or 80286. Modern systems don't involve the interrupt subsystem in DRAM operations (other than to signal corrected events (such as Intel's CMCI or AMD's equivalent).

There are several modern real-time capable code bases such as VxWorks or WindRiver that can be licensed and would support EPROM emulation on an x86 based system.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

Huh? DRAM refresh is the issue whenever a DRAM is involved.

Neither PC/XT or PC/AT did. On original PCs, the refresh was accomplished by DMA channel. In our days, refresh is the function of the north bridge and it indeed creates random access latencies.

WTF are you talking about?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

What were yours intended as?

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

in C.

Humor requires a brain.

Reply to
krw

the

and in C.

strip)

It's no wonder they call that group 'Folklore'. AKA: Lies no one will bother to expose.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz:

For quoting decently half a brain would suffice.

Reply to
F. Bertolazzi

No, it doesn't. There are a lot of posters with half a brain, and they are destroying Usenet.

enough left over to pay them.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

You certainly don't qualify.