Wireless USB Bridge

I've just bought a Humax Digital Video Recorder and it has a USB 2.0 interface to allow saved films to be copied onto a PC. However, it is upstairs in my living room and my PC is in the basment and I don't want to run a cable down there.

Humax's PC software will only work with a USB port so it would need to be a USB to USB link. Although, thinking about it, it is possible that the Humax might appear as a mass storage device so I might not be tied to their software. Does there exist a device which will allow me to access the Humax's USB port wirelessly?

I've thought about possibly a print server but the data on them seems to only talk about printers and it's a bit sketchy whether one would be suitable.

Reply to
Tom Lucas