Which LCD is this?

I have an LCD here the size of a PDA screen 2" x 3" that I bought from a surplus store. I cannot find any mention of it anywhere online.

There are only two numbers behind it: LRH9J5035A

130D0597

It has three set of connectors. One is just two large pins (backlight?) onto which Ive applied voltage upto 9V both ways with nothing.

The second is 4 pins which seems like touchscreen to me the way the pins spread out to the four general areas of the LCD. The third ribbon, has 18 connectors which go through through-holes enough number of times to throw me off from what is the data bus and which are controls.

Where can I find further information on this thing? Is it complete garbage because noone has the datasheets or even a quick pinout sheet?

The LRH prefix somehow tell me it is an LG part. Any ideas?

Reply to
ghazanhaider

manufacturer ALPS

but they don't seem to know about it

you might get a clue here

or try asking here

darkknight

Reply to
darkknight

Thanks.

Ive tried the various alps sites and checked their lcd datasheets of most similar LCDs to get an idea. Theres no help there. It seems like in the LCD business, they keep things hush so older lcds have NO market at all, fuelling the LCD market further.

I now have a small stack of nice cheap LCDs that I cant find info on. But this one is nice and small, perfect for my applications. I dont want to spend $150 on something like this with a datasheet.

darkknight wrote:

ghazanhaider

I'm guessing as I have not seen the modules you have, but this link has similar pins as you have described... it's for a LRH9J515XA

sivadnz

There it is!!!

The very same lcd, pins and looks and all!.

Email me your address I'll mail you a free one.

How did you f> ghazanhaider wrote:

Reply to
ghazanhaider

How did I find LRH9J5035A, I don't remember how I got to change the LRH9J5035A to LRH9J503XA

But searching for LRH9J503XA, found this PDF

which has you LCD and 2 others with various options, then searched more on the LRH9J515XA.

ALPS 320 x 240 LRU9J501XA 80,8 x 61,6 93,8 x 74,6 X ALPS 320 x 240 LRH9J515XA 80,8 x 61,6 93,8 x 75,1 X X ALPS 320 x 240 LRH9J503XA 80,8 x 61,6 93,8 x 75,1 X X

Searching for LRH9J515XA finds some other interesting PDFs, admittedly not in english, but gives you some ideas.

sivadnz