Help: MCU's with built-in Color TFT LCD Controller

Hello all,

I'm working on an embedded design that will include a color TFT LCD (1/4 VGA) and am looking for suggestions for an MCU with the LCD controller built-in. Atmel has an ARM9 processor (AT91SAM9261) which has everything including the kitchen sink - way more than my project requires. I don't need any of the special peripherals which seem to be integrated into many of the newer offerings. I've looked at using a dedicated LCD controller and may end up doing so if that makes the most sense. My project does not require high-speed (realitively) processing, high I/O count, etc. The design pretty much centers around the display. If anyone knows of an MCU that includes a TFT controller without all of the other goodies, I would appreciate hearing your input. Please post to the ng.

BR's, Dan

Reply to
Dan

Dan ha scritto:

You looking for this?

Emanuele

--
*** YOUR ELECTRONICS OPEN SOURCE ***

(Full Projects and resources)
Reply to
Emanuele

The AT32AP7000 AVR32 part that is shown on the avr32linux site looks to be just as advanced as the AT91SAM9261 ARM9 chip. The AVR32 part is also more expensive at $24.85/100 than the ARM9 part is ($16.77/100). However, khe dev kit is about for the AVR32 is about half that of the ARM9 part.

Any other ideas?

Reply to
B&D Surplus