What is your development setup on Linux (or equiv)?

It is not so much of an issue anymore. If tool developers follow a reasonable set of design rules most tool applications will run on Windows, MacOS, HPUX, Spark and Linux under many different windows emulators with essentially no performance hit. When we (Byte Craft) realized that just by being disciplined with the design rules we used we could support many different platforms with few penalties and more important a reasonable expectation that the tools would perform in the same manner on each of them. There are some additional design considerations that multiplatform support needs to consider with this approach the best known is line termination support differences between windows and unix based platforms.

Multiplatform support is also one of several reasons that all of our code generation tools can be called from a command line and combined to other tools in a tool set.

This has been our approach and of course it means that pricing for all platforms is the same as a result.

Regards

Walter Banks

-- Byte Craft Limited Tel. (519) 888-6911

email snipped-for-privacy@bytecraft.com

Reply to
Walter Banks

In news: snipped-for-privacy@n60g2000hse.googlegroups.com timestamped Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:11:28 -0700, Eric posted: "[..] I keep forgetting that CrossWorks works on linux. That's the only commercial toolset that works on linux, I believe?"

No, some of Aonix's compilers are also hosted on GNU/Linux.

Reply to
Colin Paul Gloster

This is not the same as running native. Close, perhaps, but not the same.

mlp

Reply to
Mark L Pappin