What is an Open Drain Control Register?

Hi

I am reading about the Infineon C167CS-LM microprocessor.

Could anyone tell me what an Open Drain Control Register does? What is the
purpose of this register?

Sincerely,
Bamse

---
Re: What is an Open Drain Control Register?

It controls the output mode of the I/O pins: push/pull or open drain.

That is it's purpose as well.

The user's manual discribes this very clearly, complete with simplified
schematics of a push/pull and a open drain output driver. See chapter
"7.2 Output Driver Control" of the 167CS user's manual.

--
Stef

Blessed are they who Go Around in Circles, for they Shall be Known as Wheels.

Site Timeline