What is an "rt" on a schematic

Our electric blanket decided to make a "pop" last night and stopped working. This AM I took the control apart and what looks like a thick mylar disk is popped open. It is marked "rt1" on the pc board. Does anyone know what an "rt" is? Thanks!

Reply to
powerdoc

powerdoc wrote in news:2c30e2ae-11e5-4fbc-ace5- snipped-for-privacy@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

I don't know, maybe a thermistor to limit inrush current, or more likely a transient voltage suppressor. Whatever it is, this is one case where a DIY repair is a definite no-no. Satisfy curiosity all you want, but electric blankets are asking for trouble if they go wrong. Serious trouble like death, loss of house, loss of all assets in court costs, compensation, lawyers' fees...

Something made tht blanket fail, and even if you fix one obvious failed part with full knowlwdge of what it is, you might not be able to control the source of the failure, or know if something else might fail more dangerously. Best get a new one, or even find some other less risky way to warm the bed.

Reply to
Lostgallifreyan

and progressively over time the covering overheated and it failed. I feel safe in replacing the part if I know what it is.

Reply to
powerdoc

has info which looks relevant...

Reply to
Ray

Amigo, every body can label a pcb to their own secret, i bet rt1 is "return ground1 signal" or "remote terminal". I suspect it's "return ground1" is crewed.

Esta magnana...

El Tico.

Reply to
El Tico