PowerPC serial ports SMC and SCC

Has anyone here have expericne on the serial ports
in the PowerQuick communications processors for RS-232
communications ?
Those ICs are based on PowerPC architechture.
The serial ports are wired to SMC and SCC controller parts
of the IC in the board I use.

Basicly those ports work OK, but there are some problems
when I try to use parity and 8 databits (I know 8 databits
plus parity is a little bit rately used configuration, but
that's what I have to use on the application).
When I set the port to this mode, I get 8 databits out, but
the parity is missing. I have verified this with line analyzer.

Has anyone ever tested that this should work ?
Accordign the datasheet I understand that that both
8 databits and parity with it shoudl be supported by hardware.
I have taken some look at the source of the serial port
driver. It seems that the driver at leas tries to handle the
data bits and parity settings right.
The Linux kernel version I use is 2.6.12.3

Some info taken from stty -a -F /dev/ttyCPM1 command output:

parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread clocal -crtscts

According to this the line should be 8 databits and parity
enabled.

Answers preferably to this newsgroup...

--
Tomi Engdahl (http://www.iki.fi/then /)
Re: PowerPC serial ports SMC and SCC

Physically the SMC and SCC are quite different. For instance SCCs can
handle up to 8 data bits, while SMCs up to 14 data bits :-).

Which port did you test ? Have you tried to use the other type ?

Paul

Re: PowerPC serial ports SMC and SCC

I tested both port types.

--