Flash / IC used in SD Cards.

I'm working on a project that will use a SD Card for file storage.

We would also have some 'internal' filespace. So i thought of placing a second memory on the PCB and on the same SPI bus. This would save the work of writing a different driver.

Offcoarse i could add a second SD Card socket to my pcb, but i was wondering if the chip used inside is available (Serial Flash ?) , so i we could place such a chip directly on the pcb.

Anyone a clue what is inside these cards and if these cips are available in small quantity's ?

Stijn

Reply to
Jon S.

Jon S. schrieb:

Have a look at Atmel's SerialFlash devices. (Guessing you don't need the security functions of the SD card.)

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tilmann Reh
Autometer GmbH Siegen - Elektronik nach Maß.