USB CY7C67300 chip HPI

Hello, Does anyone has experience with the Cypress CY7C67300 USB chip. I want to read it by using the HPI protocol. I have a PCB with a C167 infineon microcontroller connected to this chip. I have tried but I can't get it working. Can anybody give me some hints.

Jac.

Reply to
Jac

I've used this part successfully. Are you try + Have you enabled HPI mode on the Cypress part?

  • In the software set that I had, various registers (the mailbox) and flags were incorrectly defined. This doesn't help communications!

I've not had any problem with the HPI interface.

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Jackson

Thanks for your reply, I have connected the C167 to the CY7C67300 with D0..D15, A0..A1, WR, RD, and CS. Pin39 and pin40 are connected to ground with both a 10K resistor to enable the HPI mode. I do not boot the CY7C67300, do I have to? My first step is to read the registers over HPI and in that way learning something about USB. Is it possible to read registers from the CY7C67300 without booting it? I have already read some registers, but I do not get the expected values (e.g. the breakpoint register 0xC014 don't give me 0xFFFF). I can read and write the internal RAM of the chip. I read ther register by writing 0xC014 to address 0x2(A1=1;A0=0) and then read address 0x0(A1=0;A0=0). Is this correct? A lot of questions, I hope you can give me some answers.

Jac

Reply to
Jac

Andrew,

I am trying to boot CY7C67300 through the HPI interface. I have rea through a lot of pages of documentation (which is slightly confusing). am planning to load my user code using DMA engine and then issue COMM_JUMP@CODE command to the HPI mailbox. My user code is scan wrapped Will it work using this method?

Thanks.

Sam

over

Reply to