Cypress EZ USB FX2LP and FPGA

Hello, I have doubts to begin to work with a microcontroller of cypress and fpga of xilinx, for the design of my project.

I have some knowledge on protocol USB 2.0 and have read datasheet of the EZ-usb fx2lp usb microcontroller.

It wanted to know that I must do so that the microcontroller acts as storage device of data and communicates with fpga whenever I ask for it by mean of LabView.

In order to record the information in microcontroller CY7C68013A, is necessary a basic circuit, or only the compiler?

Thanks.

Reply to
ultrasoundM

First of all, you need to figure out the memory structure. Since the Cypress does not have internal memory, I assume that you are using the Xilinx as memory controller. In that case, you need to initialized the Xilinx before the Cypress, using configuration Flash or Eeprom. After that, you can run your Cypress via Xilinx.

You will need compiler (whatever language you want) and downloader to the configuration memory, then main memory.

Reply to
linnix