USB Bulk Only code help needed

I have an Atmel 8051 chip with a USB peripheral inside the chip. Sample code was given along with the chip. It uses Bulk Only transfer. When the demo board is plugged into the PC, a drive letter gets created and it sees the files on the CompactFlash.

My question is, how and where can I tap into the code and parse out data from our desktop application instead of windows? There is code for the CBW and CSW but I'm still learning about them.

Also, is there a USB newsgroup you'd recommend?

Thanks, Sean

Reply to
Sean W

"Sean W" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@news.vigoris.net...

CBW

If you talk to your local Atmel contact, then they might provide you with the code for the UART emulation (Communication Device Class) With this USB Class you get a virtual COM port in Windows, and you can send/receive data using the Windows normal UART communication. Don't know if this is on any website yet though-

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson   ulf@a-t-m-e-l.com

Please give the part number.