uclinux problem with romfs

I followed the description at

to get into uclinux. However, the "Loaded ROM boot.rom" message from the example session is missing in my gdb output, and the system seems to be stuck in a loop (see below).

Can anyone help me to successfully load the ROM image?

If I load kernel linux.2.4.x, gdb says "Program exited normally." without doing anything else. (details see below the linux.2.0.x output.)

Regards, Herbert

arm-elf-gdb linux.2.0.x

GNU gdb 5.0 Copyright 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu

--target=arm-elf"... (no debugging symbols found)... (gdb) target sim Connected to the simulator. (gdb) load Loading section .text, size 0x77b84 vma 0x2000000 Loading section .rodata, size 0x8ddb vma 0x2077b84 Loading section .data, size 0x8fc8 vma 0x2080a60 Start address 0x2000000 Transfer rate: 4507960 bits in arm-elf-gdb linux.2.4.x GNU gdb 5.0 Copyright 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc. GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions. There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details. This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu

--target=arm-elf"... (no debugging symbols found)... (gdb) target sim Connected to the simulator. (gdb) load Loading section .init, size 0x9000 vma 0x1000000 Loading section .text, size 0xcd268 vma 0x1009000 Loading section .data, size 0x81b4 vma 0x10d8000 Start address 0x1000000 Transfer rate: 7282912 bits in

Reply to
hw.privat