Tips&tricks for Z180 and zilog C compiler

Hi all,

since this processor is not the best seller today, I am having a hard time with finding reources for it.

I need books, programmers guides, programmers references, Tips&tricks, FAQ etc.

Please let me know of where I can get such books and information or if you have something to offer.

//Agron

Reply to
Agron

It's instruction set is very similar to the Z80 but it has some enhancements. I've been writing code for it for the last year based upon my 15+ year old knowledge of the Z80. I only need to check the books for Z180 specifics such as the MMU on-board peripherals.

Note there are a few versions of this chip: Google this NG for a post from me on this subject about 3 months ago.

The Zilog website has some (but not a lot) of info. but I imagine you have already checked there?

My usual reference for the Z80 is: Z80 Assembly Language Programming Lance A Leventhal Published by Osborne McGraw-Hill

Mike Harding

Reply to
Mike Harding

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 14:47:45 -0500, Agron wrote in comp.arch.embedded:

As Mike already pointed out, the Z180 instruction set is a superset of that of the Z80. There is a lot of non hardware specific Z80 code that will run unchanged on the Z180.

In addition to the book Mike recommended, which I remember from about a quarter century ago as quite good, check out

for a lot of Z80 information, even if not Z180 specific.

--
Jack Klein
Home: http://JK-Technology.Com

For an introduction to the internals of the Z80 (predecessor of the Z180), try to find a used copy of "Programming the Z80" by Rodnay Zaks. That is the book from which I learned programming the Z80 more than 20 years ago and I highly recommend it. You should be able to find the book online via amazon.com, abebooks.com or other used book dealers.

On his website, Jack Ganssle (who writes for ESP) has two articles on the Z180 which you may find useful:

-- Norbert

Reply to
Norbert Juffa

Arrrrgg !! Through the mists of time in the cobwebs of my brain, I remember that book. Still have a couple of the little Timex Sinclair computers downstairs in a box as well as some of my old CP/M stuff (I think it is close to my collection of 33-1/3 records). Still have a couple of 8" DSDD floppy drives too (and some disks).Yes, we are indeed getting old !!

mikey

Reply to
Mike Fields

Have a look at these