tiny inductor with every bypass cap?

ditto. how'd you get on with your tricky transformer?

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

That project hasn't come off the ground yet. IOW the client has not given the go-ahead to start. Hopefully they will, it'll be interesting and they'd get a system where they wouldn't have a single competitor.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

now that would be nice.

I'm doing more and more work now with energy-efficient LED lighting. my current project is cramming a 10W PFC + triple current controller into the neck of a lightbulb. And its all plastic, so I cant get rid of any heat.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

That challenge will get even bigger. Many lamps in the US have these tiny "candlestick bulb" sockets. No energy saver bulbs exist, nada. That would be a market I think.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

You don't mean something like this:

...do you?

Reply to
Joel Koltner

oh yes. its a real PITA making it PFC & dimmable too. about once a month I suggest getting Jim to design us some nice custom analog (I translated that for you ;) silicon; given we have found 4 different problems with "custom" chips from a certain vendor in CA who shall remain nameless (but whos initials are XX (not the letter X though)) - incuding a SMPS controller that, when it gets hot, loses feedback and increases Vout until things explode - I suspect I'll get my way eventually.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Yes, that socket. But a bulb that flares out so close to the socket would not possibly fit most of our lamps.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

Can you try to hold down the RFI? I have seen several CFLs make enough trash to trigger my scope. A friend used one several years ago before they came down in price and got common. It messed up his IR remote control! Had to turn off the lamp to get it to work.

Rick

Reply to
rickman