TFT: DTMG signlas from Vsync and Hsync

Dear Sirs, I have to control a 7.0" TFT display (Hitachi TXD18D16VM1). I have an LCD controller with the Hsync and Vsync signals, but I have to generate the DTMG signal for my LCD. How is the relation between Vsync/Hsync and DTMG? What could I use to obtain the DTMG signal? A couple of IC, a CPLD or what else?

Anybody can help me?

Best regards,

Frank

Reply to
ingzampa77

This might be the document that you are looking for

Best Regards Gokhan OZCAN

Reply to
zorbey

Could I ask what you mean by "DTMG signal". Just curious.

Thanks

Reply to
bryedge1

I'm not sure if this name is Hitachi specific, but I've used another hitachi LCD which required DTMG only. DTMG is the "data valid" signal.

In my case I could directly connect it to DRDY signal of my Epson S1D13706 controller.

Compare the datasheets of the controller and LCD and you will find how to do it. Maybe the controller has a data ready output or, if the timing is right, you can directly use Hsync, or maybe anding Hsync and Vsync will work. But using Hsync can only work if you can setup the controller in such a way that the Hsync inactive period exactly coincides with the data valid period (meaning no horizontal front and backporches). If all that fails, you may need a CPLD.

Stef