Stellaris development

Is there any free IDE/compiler/JTAG for the stellaris family ?

Like the AVRStudio/WINAVR package ??

thanks,

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I'm just starting with the LM3S800, and, if I'm not mistaken, Yagarto (GCC) supports it (didn't tried it yet).

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Reply to
aleksa

Does Yagarto have on IDE/JTAG interface ?

I will look it up.

Thanks

hamilton

You can use the CodeSourcery lite compiler for free. I'm not sure if their Eclipse IDE is free though. Atollic tools have a free lite version -

,

Regards, Richard.

    Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

    Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E

Reply to
FreeRTOS info

I should have said that the FreeRTOS download actually includes a demo that uses Eclipse with OpenOCD - that is a completely free set up and works without a separate JTAG interface if you are using a Stellaris evaluation kit. The version of Eclipse and OpenOCD used are rather out of date now though. Documentation for the demo, along with how to set up Eclipse (as I say, outdated) is on the FreeRTOS.org site.

Regards, Richard.

    Designed for Microcontrollers. More than 7000 downloads per month.

    Certified by T=DCV as meeting the requirements for safety related systems= =2E

Reply to
FreeRTOS info

CodeSourcery's packaged offering with the compiler, Eclipse, debugger drivers, etc., is not free - but it's /very/ cheap for the Stellaris-only version.

All the parts of the setup are free - OpenOCD for debugger connections (though CodeSourcery uses their own "debug sprites"), Eclipse IDE, gcc tools, gdb, etc. You can put them together yourself for free, and you can probably get ready-packaged free versions. Or you can pay a small amount of money and get them together with things like enhanced libraries and commercial support. I recommend CodeSourcery, since they are the guys who do much of the work writing the compiler tools - you therefore get the latest and greatest versions, and you get support from the people that write the software.

Reply to
David Brown