Smallest physical GPS module ?

Hi,

For a homer this time, and I need to know where I can obtain 1 off a small (tiny) GPS module and wondered if anyone had done a survey, or happened to know, who makes the physically smallest such modules at this time ?

Thanks,

Mike

Reply to
mikedavies621

Check Digikey. They carried/carry a Delorme GPS ic that you might consider a "module".

Hul

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

(tiny) GPS module and wondered if anyone had done a survey, or happened to know, who makes the physically smallest such modules at this time ?

Reply to
dbr

(tiny) GPS module and wondered if anyone had done a survey, or happened to know, who makes the physically smallest such modules at this time ?

I can't tell you what is the absolute smallest, but when I worked with them some five or six years ago, they were pretty durn small. I think they were two chip plus the antenna which is either a patch about an inch or so square or a quad about half the size of a ChapStick tube.

The cost was around $25 in quantity for the module, I don't recall what the quad antenna cost.

Since then they have combined the RF and digital on one chip I believe so they should be even smaller.

At that time the two leading makers were Ublox and Fastrax, looks like they are still around.

Mouser has some pretty durn small devices...

One is less than 7 mm square!

--

Rick
Reply to

has some small ones. I don't know what's the absolute smallest.

Reply to
Paul Rubin