SingleStep OnChip Debugger under Windows Vista

Has anyone successfully run the (Wind River) SingleStep BDM debugger (V 7.6.2) under Windows Vista?

I have it working as far as accessing memory on the target, but when trying to download the program file (.elf), I get an error: ".ou1": spawn to 'sorter' failed: No such file or directory

I've only seen this on my Vista machine. Am I going to need to downgrade it to XP? And how is the best way to do that?

- Mike

Reply to
mbernadett

It can't find the sorter program. Although I don't use Wind River this is a common problem with many programs on Vista because MS fixed a bug with a low-level Win32 API call, and that caused code to break that used work-arounds for that bug. Many GNU libs used work-arounds that are failing now under Vista.

The easy fix in most cases is to find all the .EXE and .DLL files that belong to that application and make sure their folders are added to the system path. It will find them that way.

Eric

Reply to
Eric