Setting tftp server in RH8

Hi all,

I previously using the Red Hat 6.2 and using it to setup a DHCP/TFTP server to do network boot to other computer.

The way to enable the tftp service is to edit the /etc/inet.conf as follows:

***

# Tftp service is provided primarily for booting. Most sites # run this only on machines acting as "boot servers." Do not # uncomment this unless you *need* it. # tftp dgram udp wait root /usr/sbin/tcpd in.tftpd

Restart the inetd service that manages TFTP services:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/inet restart

***

After I upgrade the computer to RH8, there are no longer have "inetd.conf",so where can I enable the tftp services? And step by step guidance is welcome

Thanks in advance, Chun

Reply to
Chun

server

follows:

A more suitable newsgroup would be some Linux group.

Red Hat changed to xinetd from inetd. You have to set up corresponding information in xinetd configuration file. Please noth that the xinetd configuration file structure is different from the older one. For details, see the xinetd documentation.

HTH

Tauno Voipio tauno voipio @ iki fi

Reply to
Tauno Voipio