serial question

hello, I read data from serial IO, sometimes the application process is hanged, until it is interrupted. And the strace log is:

alarm(15) = 0 read(3, 0xbfffdce0,1) = ? ERSTARTSYS (To be restarted)

Why is it? Thanks for your help!

Reply to
myfire5454

Obviously, your Johnson states are incorrect. You must first initialize the Mitchell methods before you call alarm().

You're welcome.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (John Speth) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I've always wondered if the Mitchel methods required initialization.

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

Depends on the version you're using. The newest versions automatically initialize themselves when the objects are created.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  Should I get
                                  at               locked in the PRINCICAL'S

Only if they are in the Satchell Page.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

DaveC wrote in news:Xns958169FF68F5Dohirohotmailcom@203.96.16.33:

Yes, but only if you previously set the REV_CHECK register bit POST_REV_2 in the Johnson state control block. Previous to rev. 2, the Hawkings vector was relocatable and therefore not possible as a default reset value.

Indeed!

--
- Mark ->
Mark A. Odell

CBFalconer wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com:

Does it reset to the Hawkings Vector in the Satchell Page I have read several Hawkings books on the subject and have found that many Mitchel methods are flawed. Be careful!

DaveC

Reply to
DaveC

Both those can be cured by applying Schroedingers Computation of Ambiguous Trends (CAT).

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

That is why I always clear the Rob bit and set the Bucky bit in the Satchell Page.

S.

Reply to
Stefan Arentz

I think you guys have to much time. But if your joking helps making fire for myfire5454, why not?

Regards Heinz

Reply to
H.-J.Oertel

Dear Heinz,

We haven't got a clue what you are on about. I gather you are having problems with some serial port, and you provided a log- of what? To get sensible answers in this NG, give us details about hardware, operating system, tools etc. and there MAY be someone with experience of that combination who can help you. Start again, a new thread giving these details, and let's go from there.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke

Stefan Arentz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@keizer.soze.com:

So that way you Get Fuzzy logic.

--
Walter Mallory   walter.mallory@mbda-us.com
Reach, Connect, Celebrate, Grow, Serve

... snip ...

Any idiot who ties up my line for two to three minutes with 600 odd kbytes of useless forbidden binary attachments does not deserve to live. PLONK. You won't get the chance again.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer

Thanks. And, is it relation with the process is interrupted,

"Walter Mallory" :Xns958267FA8B442waltermallorymbdausc@10.15.188.42...

Reply to
myfire5454

thanks for you help