RTOS

hi all, I want to know about the RTOS in depth, Please suggest me some links and books,...

Thanks and Regards, Charan.

Reply to
Charan

Talk about the RTOS, en, there is more than your image, to be primely the uc/os II is best choice for study, after this you can try ulinux or some other os, In fact, I sugget you study the uc/os II and try to write a os by yourself. Recently I'm study a Japanese os named uiTron, that is tasty.

Reply to
friendfish

Hello Charan,

In fact it's not a good idea for you to begin your RTOS journey with reading RTOS books. I think following way would be helpful:

  1. You should make a better understanding on what an Operating System is doing. You can choose a book that could make these concept clear and you can choose a lightweight kernel with source code for learning.
  2. Real time is oriented mainly from embedded system dev. It would be better for you to learn something practical from source code and remember always ask why and how.
  3. With these experience, no RTOS book is needed. Read through real time related source code from an open source RTOS would be OK for you.

B.R D. Wu

Reply to
dinny