Recommend LUT generator

Can anyone please recommend the best lookup table generator usable in Windows 98 for sinewaves of varying amplitudes?

Thank you,

Robert

Reply to
Robert Martin

Excel's not bad. Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

Ehhr, Excel?

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Why on earth would you need more than one look-up table for sinewaves?

It's almost guaranteed to be easier to just multiply the amplitude into a single, unit amplitude sine wave table look-up result, than to waste lots of memory to have a full look-up table per amplitude.

As to what the "best" generator for such tables might be, that's impossible to answer without knowing what what "good" means to you, in this context. I'ld use gnuplot and Unix'ish textutils to do this.

Hans-Bernhard Broeker

You need to define "best". I use Goldwave. Peter

moocowmoo

I use python for that sort of thing. Works under Windows too.

--
Andrew
Reply to

I use C.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

MathCad. Keeps the maths human readable too.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Taylor

Use the same language that you use on the target (C, for me). Then, test the LUT client code (are we interpolating correctly between lookup values? are we handling all the exceptional cases correctly?) on your desktop machine. Exhaustive testing is usually much easier (read: more likely to be done) on the desktop than on your target. Desktop testing also identifies good test values to put through the target code - do that too. E.g. I did a 3rd order by 4 element LUT (35 "bytes" of table values total including the addwf PCL instructions) implementation of antilog on a PIC last year. I would probably still be working on it if I hadn't determined the table length-by-width requirements on excel and prototyped the code on the desktop.

Bob

Reply to
Bob