Protocol Used in Virtual COM Port (TCP ... COM port) or SerialToEthernet box

Hi, I'm interesting in Virtual COM Port. Is there any industrial standard for networking protocol that define communication between 2 Virtual COM Port? How data format are define communication between Virtual Serial port and serial to ethernet boxes?

Thank you very much,

Mingyi

Reply to
Mingyi

Sort of. The is one standard: telnet with RFC2217 extensions. Some vendors use proprietary protocols instead. Some just use a TCP/IP stream.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I'd like some JUNK
                                  at               FOOD... and then I want to