Programming an App, need Simple USB support

Goal is to make a custom controller with 8 buttons, and relay the butto pressed to my C-based application. Is USB the easiest way to go?

Eventually I'd like to bring this "controller" into production, as for no I need cost effecting development solutions and a little guided directio to get started.

Currently I'm thinking about using the "PICDEM FS USB Demo Kit" found her

inconjunction with this microchip:

Am I heading in the right direction?

Proof of concept:

- 1 of 8 button pressed

- chip sends data to computer via usb

- computer interprets data and displays "Button X pressed"

That's all I need and I'm set!!

Reply to
kit

there may be something a little simpler, and more suitable to your application here:

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Affiliate Program:   http://www.dontronics.com/affiliate
Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

Serial OLED uses standard micro-SD memory cards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16659
Reply to
Don McKenzie