USB-to-parallel port programming

Dear experts,

I understand parallel port programming can be quite easily done. I am not sure if USB-to-parallel port programming can be just as easily done. Are the libraries used still the same? Can someone point me to some useful website?

Reply to
sun

No, USB parallel port bit banging is not easily done, nor too useful.

There are plenty of USB to I/O hobbiest type devices around, you'd have to define what exactly you are looking to do that you would have used the parallel port, there were quite a few vastly different applications people (ab)used it for.

Doug McIntyre

What kind of programming are you trying to do ?

In general, direct access to parallel port pins won't work through a USB-parallel adapter.

Reply to
Arlet

Try the USB devices here:

Uniden