Program Atmega32

I am very new to microcontroller programing. I have compiled my program in C. And got the HEX file and Makefile. Then which file should I use to burn into atmega32 microcontroller using ponyprog software? I have compiled it using Codevision AVR. What is the use of Makefile. I tried burning the HEX file into microconroller. But it is not working.

Reply to
jemsheedth

Probably you forgot to programm the fuses in the right way. If it is an ATmega128 e.g. the problem is, that when delivered it is in ATmega103 mode. In such a case, your program will not run.

The makefile is something like a batch-file to control the compiler. The result of compiling is the HEX-file which can be transfered to the processor with ponyprog.

Hope this may help

best regards

Stefan DF9BI

Reply to
Stefan Brröring

You need to program the HEX file and optionally the EEP file if you are using the EEPROM. You also need to make sure that your fuse settings are set correctly.

The makefile is used to build your project, but depending on the IDE you might not need to worry about it. I use AVR Studio + WinAVR and I don't need to use a makefile.

Gabriel Anzziani

ganzziani