Problem booting BF-532 using SPI AT45DB041B

Hello! Does anybody succeeded in booting BF-532 using SPI AT45DB041B? We ar experiencing problems.

I wrote a sample led blinking program using VisualDSP++ 3.5, and debug i using JTAG, it works well. Later, I selected a DSP loader file target an I've got an .ldr file. The options used was SPI INTEL HEX, default star address, no boot kernel. Then, I programmed it into the flash, usin external programming device, and after manual blackfin reset, boot proces is initiated, but not finished. When I used my oscilloscope a bit, I saw that Blackfin sends SCLK, #CS an data signals to flash, but the flash responds only a few cycles (3-4 bytes I think). What the problem may it be? PS: I use blackfin as SPI master (BMODE=11)

Reply to
Explorer

Do you have the flash output pulled up to +3.3V by resistor?

Vladimir Vassilevsky

Not only is that a good question, I'd ask the same about the SPI lines (CLK, CS, maybe even MOSI) driven by the blackfin. I've found they don't seem to work without pullups, instead they will kind of hold the last driven level for a while...

Reply to
cs_posting