Phone line-to-SIP converter

What are some good "routers" that convert T1, E1, POTS, MFCR2, E&M, etc. to SIP (over Ethernet)?

Like for use with asterisk.net?

Thanks.

Reply to
Ian Mcbride

erm? asterisk is a "converter" between T1, E1 and SIP

--
the penguins are psychotic
aka just smile and wave

Our product can terminate SIP calls, but it has no telephone interface hardware in it. We're looking for a box (or boxes) that will convert T1/E1/POTS physical lines from the phone company into SIP so that our box can actually connect to the PSTN.

I believe the Cisco IAD2400 series can do this, but I'm looking for something a little simpler.

Reply to
Ian Mcbride

There's plenty of them out there, and cisco has many many more products than their IAD that will do it.

(Note: Anybody that does a T1 gateway will do it as PRI too).

Reply to
Doug McIntyre

Hello group, I hope you forgive me some advertisment here.

Ian, please have a look at our website

We have a variety of VoIP Gateways. It scales from 2 to 32 FXS (POTS) ports or

1..4 E1/T1. The gateways contain the DSP resources you need for voice coding/decoding, echo cancelling and so on.

- René

Reply to
Rene