PC104 Computers with enough room for 5 cards

I have searched a lot for a computer or at least a box with a back plane, where I can put in 5 or more PC104 cards.

All PC104 computers I saw, only had cages with room for 2-3 cards.

I think there must be providers offering larger cages. Is there someone who provides large cages with a back plane for I PC104 processor card? thanks ulli

Reply to
uwarneke

Ehhrr, aren't PC104 boards stackable? Unless I missed a spec change, PC104 boards are not put in a backplane. You simply stack expansion boards on top of the CPU board.

Meindert

Reply to
Meindert Sprang

Meindert Sprang schrieb:

Backpane: I meant a passive board providing all connections for a CPU-card. The problem is, that all PC-Cages I found are just to small to stack more than 3 cards on top of the CPU-card

Reply to
uwarneke

At what point do you reach a PC/104 bus loading where the bus timing can no longer be assured? The stackable bus is probably not as good as a real backplane in that regard, so maybe the limit on the number of boards is quite small.

-Robert Scott Ypsilanti, Michigan

Reply to
Robert Scott

Try the CanTainer or VersaTainer on

Just make sure the power connector on your CPU board is not on one of the corners, as you'll have to resolder it, because it hits the corners of the case.

Kind regards,

Wim

snipped-for-privacy@web.de wrote:

Reply to