OT: Recommend a decent news reader?

Thanks. That worked will. Now off to get 2.17.

Scott

Reply to
NotReallyMe

It doesn't always work. s.e.d is full of political whining personal arguments, almost to the point of making it unusable. They don't crosspost, they just act like children in their own back yards.

--

Rick
Reply to

I'm using google groups (sigh...), but main reason is that I use several different computers/tablets during a day.

Is there a newsreader that will work across multiple devices? (so it shows which threads have been viewed etc)

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
klaus.kragelund

different computers/tablets during a day.

I just run Gnus on a machine I can ssh into from anywhere.

which threads have been viewed etc)

As long as you can use the same NNTP server with all devices and share the data on what has been read. If you can find readers for the platforms you use that use the same kind of file to keep track of that, then something like Dropbox would be handy to make that file available anywhere. Traditionally a plain ASCII file named .newsrc has been used.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

different computers/tablets during a day.

I access groups from work and the firewall prevents me from doing that :-(

which threads have been viewed etc)

Ok, I wasn't aware of that, will need to look into that

Thanks

Klaus

Reply to
Klaus Kragelund

Does the company firewall filter port 80? (the http port)

Install your ssh server on port 80.

Reply to
Noob