OT - I had a weird dream last night

I had to go to a large hospital to get an X-ray (understandable since I'm recovering from a torn rotator cuff injury). I get to the hospital and go up to the X-Ray department. The person at the desk tells me that before they can take my X-ray, I have to install an engineering change in the X-ray machine.

I ask for the engineering change documentation and they hand me a large stack of drawings and a .1ufd capacitor in a CK05 package. I ask for a table and chair to look at the drawings. They find me a table and chair and I lay out the drawings and go get a cup of coffee.

When I return, there's a big piece of electronics on the table and an angry doctor. He insists that I fix his box before working on the X-ray machine.

I wake in a panic.

Any freudian engineers want to take a crack at this?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Obviously, sexual repression. Do I have to spell it out for you? Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

It's about being out of control of your enviroment, and attempting to regain some of some control, possibly.

Or it could be sex

What colour was the capacitor?

martin

Reply to
Martin Griffith

You were obviously a maltreated child.

 [page]:
            Try the download section.

CBFalconer

Martin Griffith schrieb:

Most important: Was is suface mount or though hole?

Tubular, axial or of can-type...

I think I remember old ceramic hf-caps with mounting holes as well.

Oh well - this goes to far..

Jim, let's say you just had a geek-dream, ok?

Nils

Reply to
Nils

An X-ray looks inside you, and is also an external objective evaluation of your health/ soundness.

You fear that the evaluation mechanism is flawed, but crave it anyway.

You seek acceptance and praise, despite being sceptical of those evaluating you, but know that this will be postponed indefinitely by an infinitely- regressive sequence of escalating demands from them. Hence the panic.

Sounds like work to me.

JS

Reply to
JSprocket

(snip)

I had the exact same dream once too. Except there was no X-ray machine, no stack of drawings, no capacitor, no table, no chair, no big pieces of electronics and no angry doctor. Just a very "friendly" nurse.

;)

Regards,

--
Mark McDougall, Engineer
Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

Male nurse? :)

Reply to
Den

Not in _my_ dream, no!

Regards,

-- Mark McDougall, Engineer Virtual Logic Pty Ltd,

21-25 King St, Rockdale, 2216 Ph: +612-9599-3255 Fax: +612-9599-3266
Reply to
Mark McDougall

I think that your subconcious is warning of the U.K.'s NHS, and quite rightly so!!

You're alive and healthy..

Reply to
Aly