Opensouource embedded database ?

Hi,

I'm looking for an opensouce database suitable for embedded use where portability is of prime importance. If it were written in C or C++ then that would be ideal.

Many thanks,

--
Boo
Reply to

Perhaps SQLite?

offers corporate packages that have access to 100,000+ newsgroups

Reply to
spam

My hashlib might work. It is an 'in memory' system, not file based. Take a look at the calls described in the manuals and in hashlib.h. If you decide to use it, remember it is under GPL so you need to publish your code. If that is unsatisfactory you can also negotiate some other license with me.

You can find it, in standard C source, so extremely portable, at:

 [page]:
            Try the download section.
Reply to
CBFalconer

hen that

s Provider ----

corporate packages that have ac= cess to 100,000+ newsgroups

sqlite for sure. If portability is required then i would suggest to use dynamic linking to talk to database. Single database interface with switch statements to determine and select appropriate libs for given platform .

ali

Reply to
Ali

Thanks, that's perfect !