Any Interest in Open-Source Math/Utility Libraries for Small Microcontrollers?

Our software group is going to put our CPU08 C-callable assembly-language libraries online. These cover functions that need to be performed efficiently, such as:

a)Extended-precision fixed-point math.

b)CRC/hash generation.

c)Various block operations (block arithmetic, block shifts, implementation of sets, etc.).

Is there anyone in this newsgroup who would like to collaborate on building a large general-purpose library for 8- and 16-bit microcontrollers?

Is there anything like this already on the Internet?

Thanks, Dave.

--
David T. Ashley              (dta@e3ft.com)
http://www.e3ft.com          (Consulting Home Page)

What CPU(s) are you targeting? I suspect that most people who need these functions either code something quick and dirty in C, or use a highly optimized core-specific library where performance matters.

I'd be interested in optimized block arithmetic and hashing code for MSP430 and AVR.

Reply to
larwe

Put what you have up for examination, and people can decide whether they have significant additions to make. Specify what systems they work with, and how.

Don't reject C implementation, provided they use standard C.

CBFalconer

#1)ANSWER: CPU08, HC11, HC12.

#2)QUESTION: Where would one find a highly-optimized core-specific library? (Are these things out there?)

#3)ANSWER: We may have more to discuss in the future, then ... we're just getting going.

--
David T. Ashley              (dta@e3ft.com)
http://www.e3ft.com          (Consulting Home Page)
http://www.dtashley.com      (Personal Home Page)
http://gpl.e3ft.com          (GPL Publications and Projects)
Reply to
David T. Ashley

d) encryption algorithms

I suggest that you code a reference version in Standard C, which should be easily ported to different targets, then produce optimized versions that are logically equivalent to the reference versions.

--
Thad
Reply to

World-class suggestion. Thanks.