Need to reset an NT embedded password

Ok, I know this may not be the correct forum for my question, but I've had limited help elsewhere. I just started a new job for a university and we have several thin client devices that were purchased years ago for testing. I would like to again look at these (newer models for public use) as a solution for us. However I don't have the password to access the settings on the NT embedded model. It is a Netier SL2000 (which is dicontinued). I have reset the BIOS password, but still when I click on settings it asks for a password which I do not have. Any advice, non-cynical at least, is greatly appreciated. Brandon Riffel brandon.riffel@_*nospam*_ottawa.edu

Reply to
bjriffel

Let me guess :

1) 2) 1234

Rene

Reply to
Rene Tschaggelar

Nope, tried them.

Reply to
bjriffel

Can you boot from a floppy or a CD? If so, there is a useful utility program that can reset a normal NT4 / W2K / XP administrator password, which might also work on NT embedded (I don't remember its name, but a google search should get you there). Since the program needs access to the disk at low-level, it can't run while NT is running - you run it from a FreeDOS boot disk or a bootable linux CD.

Reply to
David

The bios password will be irrelevant to NT settings- it wants the administrator password. It apparently CAN be cracked - try here for a start-

and there are quite a lot of companies offering to get them for you for money. So choose time or money.

Paul Burke

Reply to
Paul Burke