Need software solution for "SAR" Adc filtering

Hi friends,

I am using built in 10 bit SAR ADC (200 ksps) of C8051F340 controller. In this I am facing noise or flickering problem.

Well I can take the average of that readings to overcome this noise problem.

Is there any other software method for better performance ????

Please suggest me or point to links for things to be consider for using SAR ADC.

Thanks in advance, Kishore.

Reply to
kishor

That all depends on what you define as better performance. There's a wide field of tradeoffs available between code complexity, bandwidth, noise, and phase linearity. The right answer depends on what it is you're actually trying to do with the data.

Also, are you actually facing a noise (flat) or flickering (1/f) problem? There are lots of things you can do about the first in software, but the second you're probably stuck with.

--
Rob Gaddi, Highland Technology
Email address is currently out of order

Hi, Thanks for quick reply,

Well I am facing flickering problem, what is " 1/f " ???. Sorry, for stupid question (I think).

I have 8 channel ADC, now I am taking average of 16 readings per channel, and then switching the multiplexer to next channel. A very simple & typical solution.

I am curious about any other methods available.

Thanks, Kishore.

Reply to
kishor