MSP430 security fuse

Hi, all

Is there a way to blow a security fuse with MSP430 FET and IAR kickstart?

Rudolf

Re: MSP430 security fuse
Yes, but once blown you can no longer access the device via jtag.

Al

Re: MSP430 security fuse
I understand this.
How do you blow the fuse?

This is to prevent someone copying the design.

Rudolf

kickstart?

Re: MSP430 security fuse
You need to read SLAA149. This describes how to blow the fuse using the
JTAG. I thought IAR FET kits did this, but I've tried it so wasn't sure.
Chris says that the FET based kits won't do this, so you'll probably
have to write your own , and build your own JTAG programmer. I'd check
out Softbaugh first.