MPC8272ADS flash

Hello,

I'm working on modifying u-boot for a custom platform using the MPC8272ADS to get started. Problem is, anytime my u-boot modifications don't work (yeah, I make mistakes ;-)) the system becomes "un-bootable". I have used the BDI2000 to reflash the flash SIMM (sharp device) but that's not convienent as it's not mine and many times I need to wait days to use it. I'm told the BDI is about $2500... which I would rather not spend since all I need it for is to write to the flash. Anyone know of a cheaper way to do this? Something like the Macraigor Wiggler for an 8260?? I was thinking maybe even a cheap router off eBay may let me write the flash???

- The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

RBP

Why don't you use the debugging features of the BDI then?

It seems you are not aware that GBD + a BDI200 is a powerful debug solution which prevents the need to flash loads of test images?

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-4596-87  Fax: (+49)-8142-4596-88   Web: www.denx.de
If you hear an onion ring, answer it.