Moving code from CodeWarrior to G++

Hi all, I would say this is probably a noob question although I'm not sure I can legitimately claim full noob status having been working on this stuff for a year or so.

Long story short, I have inherited a project which is currently running on the MCORE 2114 and is developed in a rather steam-powered edition of CodeWarrior.

We are now looking to port the whole thing over to ColdFire 52259 and hence

the question of IDE's has come up.

We have bought the M52259DEMOKIT (Demo board) and then a 52259EVB (Eval board) with the associated limited edition of CodeWarrior 7.1.1 along with all the native CPU & board support headers & definitions. We can build & run projects in CW, flash the board with the inbuilt Flash programmer and the on-board BDM setup.

However, what with CodeWarrior not having the best reputation, we're looking

at the possibility of using CodeSourcery's G++ IDE instead. The problem is that even though is lists support for the M52259EVB (well, it has a memory map for the board), there don't appear to be any of the CPU definitions or headers that CW comes with, and they don't seem to import in a straightforward

fashion.

Unfortunately this is where my knowledge gets a bit hazy, I'm happy hacking

code about as long as I can hit a button and it builds & runs (a major plus

point for CW), but wading through headers, object code, etc. melts my brain

somewhat and frankly if I have to faff about with this it's going to add an

unacceptable delay to proceedings and probably a fair few errors.

So, can anyone tell me if I'm either missing something obvious, describe what

I should be doing to move all of the headers into G++ successfully, or point me to a set of working defines or even a working example project for the 52259 in G++?

Thanks in advance and apologies for the rambling noobness.

John

--------------------------------------- This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface on

FridgeFreezer