Microprocessors for Java or MPEG4

Hello

I'm looking for two microprocessors, one that optimized for Java applications and another that has a compressor MPEG4. I need to do two designs, one with uClinux running an application in Java (requires a lot of time porting to C), another who has uClinux and it has to compress into MPEG-4 video input. For MPEG4 I found the series of Freescale i.MX, looking at Datasheet but I find nothing of how to use this function, so we know whether these optimizations makes them transparent manner. Anybody can help me?. Thank you very much.

Greetings, Antony

Reply to
Potxoka

This one claims to be able to run Java, but I've never used it.

John B
Reply to
John B

"Potxoka" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@m36g2000hse.googlegroups.com...

Are you sure that the i.MX does COMPRESSION. I would assume it does DE-COMPRESSION.

--
Best Regards,
Ulf Samuelsson

I've done H.264 compression with the iMX27.

In order to implement this, you'll need to get the BSP from Freescale. It has sample driver code to interface with the compression engine. Also, this is done in firmware in an engine within the iMX27 and needs to be downloaded each boot. That's a binary blob you'll need from Freescale's BSP.

Steve

Reply to
steve_schefter

Maybe some ARM CPU with Jazelle might be a good idea:

Frank Buss, fb@frank-buss.de
Frank Buss