finding part for syntrx motorola commercial radio

=_NextPart_000_0021_01CAC3B0.CD9D77F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Looking for part for syntrx motorola commercial radio.=20

MC1468705G2S

MICROCONTROLLER,8-BIT,6805 CPU,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,CERAMIC

Is this part in someone's draw. I have these radios in my car as chat = chat on 2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.=20

I have tried different chips out of other syntrx but the one I have is a = bit rare somehow. I wish to keep these radios in working order as they = are all set up with remote cables and boot mounted.=20

Please leave message if you have one or two for sale .... message.... v = k 4 j z z at hot mail dot com

cheers Mick=20

Reply to
news

=_NextPart_000_03B1_01CAC3CE.76779C30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

MC1468705G2S

MICROCONTROLLER,8-BIT,6805 CPU,CMOS,DIP,40PIN,CERAMIC

Is this part in someone's draw. I have these radios in my car as chat = chat on 2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.=20

I have tried different chips out of other syntrx but the one I have is = a bit rare somehow. I wish to keep these radios in working order as = they are all set up with remote cables and boot mounted.=20

Please leave message if you have one or two for sale .... message.... = v k 4 j z z at hot mail dot com

cheers Mick=20

This is a very old Motorola OTP (one time programable) = microcontroller that is custom programmed for the comercial radio.

(Motorola sold off the micro controller division to Freescale)

Even if you were able to get a blank MC1468705G2S or the freescale = equiv then you still need the program file to program the micro.

[I strongly suspect the MC1468705G2S is obsolete for many years]

Hence... it sound very difficult to souce MC1468705G2S unless you get = "exactly" the correct micro or reverse engineer and redesign with = another "similar" micro (a full redesign)

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

=_NextPart_000_004D_01CAC3FC.F90F60F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

[...]

Hi.

This radio has a jockey board on it with a eprom that has been = programmed for uhf cb radio. The main chip that needs replacing is not = being used totally. I remember the guys who programmed them did not do = anything except jockey board it and put in a eprom. Does that make = sense. I am not a tech but that may explain it a bit.=20

Reply to
news

Have a look at:

looks like this micro has a boot loader, and about 2K of EEPROM, so I think you may be out of luck.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

Product Sellout: 15% OFF 4DSystems OLED Displays & modules.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/micro-oled.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Yes, that's correct.. you build a little circuit that includes a programmed EPROM and then when you power up and hit go it copies the contents from the EPROM to the Motorola Micro.

Hence it will be very difficult to source.

Joe

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

2metre band and uhf cb radio when traveling.

rare somehow. I wish to keep these radios in working order as they are all set up with remote cables and boot mounted.

z at hot mail dot com

Mick, you need to explain why you (think you) need these micros.

Normally in a Syntrx they were custom coded for the options/peculiarities of the particular SP radio. As you mentioned UHF CB I presume that you don't require the signalling features that would normally invoke the 1468705.

Reply to
who where