Microcontroller communication

I want a microcontroller (Atmega48) to send a network packet to a computer NIC. What do i need to do to achieve this. The microcontroller will send a simple 144 byte packet and thats it. I just want to know how the computer can receive this properly. Do i do it through the microcontrollers UART? Or?

Reply to
ahmed.sharifi

If you add a serial->Ethernet gateway, you could send the data out through the Atmega48's UART.

Or add an Ethernet controller chip and phy.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  does your DRESSING
                                  at               ROOM have enough ASPARAGUS?

The easiest would be to use a Wiznet W3100A connected to the Atmega48. You probably only need to use the IIC bus. (TWI on the ATMega). You need about 10 lines of code to initialize the W3100A and be able to send a packet. (Excluding TWI code).

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus