MC9S12NE64 and FSOTCP_1.0

Hi, I'm using the MC9S12NE64 with the Freescale version of OpenTCP and I'm having some problems the the tcp/ip-stack making it in the CodeWarrio IDE. Could somebody tell me from where can I download the FSOTCP_1.0. And wanna ask if somebody had tried to rum the MC9S12NE64 as tcp_client???

AvatarBG

Hi, you can download FSOTCP_1-0 from

But this version is still a bit buggy, i hope they'll release a updated version soon. And yes i'm using MC9S12NE64 as tcp_client. What's the problem you've been having?

Reply to
johnny.karlsson

The problem is that it connects to the PC whenever it wants!!! on the on restart it connects on the other it doesn't even want to send a packet t the PC. And the other thing is that when connected if I send data from th PC to the ne64 it does'n generate an TCP_EVENT_DATA but only TCP_EVENT_AC and I can't read the data!!!!!! And another thing when I close the connection it puts the socket in tim wait and never closes it and I have to re-init the whole connection!!!! Can you give me some hints what to do!!! This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface o

AvatarBG

Hi, well i have the same problem with you with that is places the socket i timed wait, i use tcp_abort instead, it's not a pretty sollution but it works for me. But the problem with openTCP connecting when you haven't issued tcp_connect is a problem i haven't encounterd. Are you shure it's not just a coding error from your side, have you tried placing a breakpoint on tcp_connect to check who's issuing the command?

Reply to
johnny.karlsson

About the timed wai i manage to escape it by chanching the genareted even in the process_tcp_in function!!! About the other problem no I haven't got any problems in my side of th code I've used an example which they told it works fine!!! I tried i debug mode everything passes and yet again there is no packet that comne to the pc!!! I've no idea what's goin on!!!

AvatarBG

One thing to check for - make sure there is a call to RTI_Init() sometime during the startup process - without the hardware timer programmed, you'll never generate any interrupts to increment the software timer pool, which means none of the timeout events in the TCP stack will ever happen.

I think this call may have been missing from some demo code, or if it was there it got deleated quite early in my experiments...

Reply to
cs_posting

I'll try it up. Thanks!!!

AvatarBG

Hi, Can somebody tell me why when I'm using the chip as a TCP client when send data from the PC to the NE64 it doesn't generate TCP_EVENT_DATA???? If somebody can help???

Thanks!!! This message was sent using the comp.arch.embedded web interface o

AvatarBG