LPC2386 and KSZ8041 PHY

Hello Guys, I am using LPC23xx series controller and has a RMII interface with KSZ8041 PHY from Micrel in one of my 6 Layer Card.

The issue coming is, When i am connecting a CAT5 Cable between my PCB and LAPTOP/PC the Ethernet link is coming up and next secong going down, and it is repeating everytime i am doing same.

So i just want to know what could be the basic reason for this??? Please take it urgently and give your valuable suggestion..

Thanks in Advance to all the guys supporting...

Dharm

Did you try reading your PHY status registers to see if there's any indication what the problem could be ?

Does the link indicator come up on both sides of the connection ?

Did you try forcing the connection in 10 Mbps mode ?

Reply to
Arlet Ottens